Friday, May 24, 2013

Anne Drake becomes Anne Blake

I had a starting point. Pouring over Jack Kramer's book, Women of Flowers, with all the beautiful illustrations and information, I found an artist, Anne Drake, that Mr. Kramer said little was known about and thought aha!,
she can be my format to create a fictitious female artist. I can fill in the blanks with a story about her life, artistry, and who knew what else.  When I was wandering in Googleville, however, I found that a great deal was known about Miss Drake and that she was indeed not going to be my heroine after all.  I had written a few vignettes by then using her name, so my lazy resolve was to change her last name to Blake from Drake and off I went again! Anne Blake and her father, George, were born.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home